My wife gave me this print a few years ago, "He told me about Jesus & Arizona & the best way to make beer & I said you're a funny kind of preacher & he said it's a funny kind of world."I am eternally grateful to my wife for understanding me, when she gave me this print it was a reminder that she, more than anyone else, "gets me." Much like the time my Dad gave me a whisperlite international stove 15 years ago which I still use when camping. Finding people who "get you" is truly a gift of God.
If you are one of the three people who have looked at this blog you know it started because the congregation I serve was applying for a grant through the Lilly Foundation to pay for my sabbatical and journey into the deeper mysteries of beer. We found out on Friday that we did not get the grant money. We're now moving on to Plan B (how to do the sabbatical without extra money). Even though it is disheartening to not receive the money I am still eternally grateful to serve a God who gets me among a group people who get me, support me, and drink my beer!
By the way, "Daddy's Little Pumpkin Ale" will be on tap this weekend at our 2 year old's birthday party!
No comments:
Post a Comment